FIFA President Sepp Blatter to Resign amid a Corruption Scandal engulfing the football body. - The Sky Herald

728x90 AdSpace

Trending
2 June 2015

FIFA President Sepp Blatter to Resign amid a Corruption Scandal engulfing the football body.

FIFA President  is to resign amid a corruption scandal engulfing the footballing body.

Blatter said, ''I will organise extraordinary congress for a replacement for me as president. I will not stand. I am now free from the constraints of an election. I will be in a position to focus on profound reforms. For many years we have called for reforms. But these are not sufficient.”
He has also said A new election will be held "as rapidly as possible"
Blatter - who won a fifth term on Friday - had been under intense pressure to step down since senior Fifa officials were arrested on a string of corruption charges last week.


Blatter confirmed: "An extraordinary congress is to be called to elect my successor as soon as possible."
FIFA President Sepp Blatter to Resign amid a Corruption Scandal engulfing the football body. Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 Rating: 5 FIFA President  is to resign amid a corruption scandal engulfing the footballing body. Blatter said, '' I will organise extraord...